Night Auditor (Part-time) - Baymont Inn & Suites and Penny's Diner
Company: Avantic Lodging Enterprises
Posted on: March 11, 2020
Job SummaryThe Night Auditor is responsible for the preparation
and disposition of all Night Audit work. Responsible for the front
desk operation during the overnight shift (Typically 11pm-7am).
Primary responsibilities include: registering guests, making
reservations, preparing daily reports, balancing transactions, and
conducting security walks.Education & Experience
- At least 1 year of progressive experience in a hotel or a
related field required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- Must be able to work independently and with minimal
- Knowledge of Accounting Principles.
- Must be able to problem solve and troubleshoot in order to
resolve guest issues that may arise and respond to emergency
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems, company
approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace,
including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving
problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data,
etc. from disparate sources and consider, adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must be able to work in a self-managed environment.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying
the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure. Job
Duties & Functions Job Duties & Functions
- Approach all encounters with guests and associates in a
friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Avantic Lodging
Enterprises standards, as required by scheduling which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working
(per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Avantic Lodging Enterprises standards
and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Initiate and complete the End of Day process.
- Run all reports as required for Food and Beverage audit.
- Complete the Night Audit checklist for computer procedures
- Balance the day's work (i.e., movie revenue, telephone
postings, valet laundry, server's and desk agent's paperwork,
- Maintain cashiering responsibilities as per Front Office
procedures according to Avantic Lodging Enterprises standards.
- Maintain Front Office computer system operation according to
Avantic Lodging Enterprises standards.
- Fulfill all Front Office functions between the hours of 11:00
p.m. and 7:00 a.m.
- Follow up to ensure periodic checks by the Midnight House
Attendant are made of building and guest corridors to ensure all
areas are locked and secured (property specific)
- Handle and follow through on all guest requests daily from
11:00 p.m. until 7:00 a.m.
- Follow safety and emergency procedures according to Avantic
Lodging Enterprises standards.
- Maintain proper record keeping (i.e., log books, etc.)
according to Avantic Lodging Enterprises standards.
- Be familiar with all Avantic Lodging Enterprises' policies and
- Complete the initial direct bills, daily, and place on the
Property Accountant's desk; Attach all folio/banquet check back-up
to the bills.
- Maintain radio contact with other associates during entire
- Have a working knowledge of security procedures.
- Ensure associates are at all times, attentive, friendly,
helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow
- Prepare and distribute the Daily Flash Report as needed.
- Transfer the master or house accounts as necessary.
- Distribute work (i.e., revenue printouts, charge and paid
folios, vouchers and checks, etc.) as directed by S.O.P.'s.
- Train any new Night Auditors as requested by management.
- Run morning reports according to Avantic Lodging Enterprises
- Assign delivery of newspapers daily. Deliver or assign delivery
of Express Check-Out's.
- Follow up to ensure that nightly walk-through includes removal
of all room service trays and straightening of pool and Jacuzzi
area (property specific)
- Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the
- Complete any reports as requested by management in a timely
- Complete any miscellaneous duties as required (i.e., resetting
Food and Beverage P.O.S. where necessary, distribution of credit
"Watch List", and preparation of daily revenue summary).
- Attend meetings as required by management.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the Guest Services
Manager or any other member of management.Working
Conditions/Environment The following outlines the work environment
employees will encounter while performing the essential functions
of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
the job.Frequency Grid N = Not Anticipated O = Occasionally F =
Frequently C = Constantly 0% 1-33% (per shift) 34-66% (per shift)
67-100% (per shift) Work Environment Associate is subject to inside
environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but
not necessarily from temperature changes.Frequency: CAssociate is
subject to outside environmental conditions: No effective
protection from weather. Frequency NAssociate is subject to extreme
heat or cold (temperatures below 32 degrees or above 100 degrees)
for periods of more than one hour.Frequency NAssociate is subject
to noise: There is sufficient noise to cause the employee to shout
in order to be heard above ambient noise level.Frequency NAssociate
is subject to vibration: Exposure to oscillating movements of the
extremities or whole body. Frequency NAssociate is subject to
hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as
proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical
current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high
heat or exposure to chemicals.Frequency NAssociate is subject to
atmospheric conditions: One or more of the following conditions
that affect the respiratory system or the skin: Fumes, odors,
dusts, mists, gasses, or poor ventilation.Frequency NAssociate is
subject to oils: There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and
other cutting fluids. N Associate is required to function in narrow
aisles or passageways.Frequency NAssociate is exposed to infectious
diseases. N None: Associate is not substantially exposed to adverse
environmental conditions (as typical office or administrative
work).Frequency CPhysical Requirements Climbing: Ascending or
descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles, and the
like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.Frequency
NBalancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when
walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery or erratically
moving surfaces.Frequency NStooping: Bending body downward and
forward by bending spine at waist. Requires full use of the lower
extremities and back muscles.Frequency NKneeling: Bending legs at
knee to come to rest on one or both knees.Frequency NCrouching:
Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg(s) and
spine.Frequency NCrawling: Moving about on hands and knees or hands
and feet.Frequency NReaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any
direction, particularly for sustained periods of time (typing/using
a mouse).Frequency NStanding: Remaining upright on the feet,
particularly for sustained periods of time.Frequency CWalking:
Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long
distances or moving from one work site to another.Frequency
FPushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with
steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or
outward.Frequency OPulling: Using upper extremities to exert force
in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained
motion.Frequency OFinger Dexterity/Grasping: Picking, pinching,
typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than
with whole hand or arm as in handling. Applying pressure to an
object with the fingers and palm.Frequency FFeeling: Perceiving
attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture
by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.Frequency
FTalking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken
word; those activities where detailed or important spoken
instructions must be conveyed to other workers or guests
accurately, loudly, or quickly.Frequency CHearing: Perceiving the
nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without
correction, and having the ability to receive information through
oral communication.Frequency CRepetitive Motions: Making
substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or
fingers.Frequency CVision: Employee is required to have close
visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and
analyzing data and figures; determine accuracy, neatness, and
thoroughness of the work assigned; transcribing; viewing a computer
terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small
defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including
inspection); using measurements devices; and/or assembly or
fabrication of parts at distances close to the eyes.Frequency
CLiftingLifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position
or moving objects horizontally from position to positions.
Frequency O Amount Up to 10 lbs.Background Check This job requires
a valid drivers' license and motor vehicle background check. NoThis
job requires a criminal background check. YesThis job requires a
drug screen to be completed. NoGeneral This job description is not
intended to be all-inclusive, additional details will be specified
by the supervisor. The associate will also perform other reasonable
business duties as signed by the supervisor.Management reserves the
right to change this job description, job responsibilities, duties,
and working hours as needs prevail.If requested in accordance with
applicable law, the Company provides reasonable accommodation to
known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified
associate with a disability to allow him/her to perform essential
functions of the job unless the accommodation would impose an undue
hardship on the Company.Avantic Lodging Enterprises, Inc is an
at-will employer. This job description is a guideline and does not
constitute a written or implied employment contract.
Keywords: Avantic Lodging Enterprises, Yuma , Night Auditor (Part-time) - Baymont Inn & Suites and Penny's Diner, Accounting, Auditing , Yuma, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!