Solar Technician I
Company: Clearway Energy
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Clearway Energy Group is leading the transition to a world powered
by clean energy. Along with our public affiliate Clearway Energy,
Inc., we own and operate over 7.5 gigawatts of renewable and
conventional energy assets across the country. As we develop a
nationwide pipeline of new renewable energy projects for the
future, Clearway's 5 gigawatts of wind, solar, and energy storage
assets offset the equivalent of nearly 8.8 million metric tons of
carbon emissions for our customers today. Clearway Energy Group is
headquartered in San Francisco, CA with offices in Carlsbad, CA;
Scottsdale, AZ; Houston, TX; and Princeton, NJ. For more
information, visit clearwayenergygroup.com.
Reporting to the Solar Site Supervisor, the Solar Technician I is
responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining, servicing, and
repairing solar PV systems and associated equipment. The primary
objective is to maintain safe, effective, efficient, and profitable
solar PV operation.
Principal Responsibilities & Key Results
- Assists higher level Technicians in performing
- Performs other technical and administrative duties associated
with operating and maintaining a power facility.
- Ensures work is performed in accordance with Environmental and
- Participate in required training, including On-the-Job
Training, Self-Study, Computer Based Training and Classroom
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Possess demonstrable mechanical aptitude and basic electrical
- Understanding of general workplace safety and the ability to
follow safety standards, as well as help the company improve upon
the standards in place.
- Will drive company vehicle; must have a valid state driver's
license and good driving record.
- Ability to work overtime and non-standard working hours
(nights, holidays, weekends), when needed.
- Professionalism and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to operate a computer with technical proficiency of
standard business software.
- Knowledge of applicable safety and environmental
- Able to work both independently and as part of a multi-tasking
- A high school diploma or GED is required or willing to obtain
GED within first 6 months of employment.
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical fundamentals of PV
- 2-year technical degree or equivalent Journeyman certification
and qualifications preferred.
Clearway will not sponsor nonimmigrant visas for this position
(H-1B, TN, E-3, etc.).
Keywords: Clearway Energy, Yuma , Solar Technician I, Engineering , Dateland, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!