Director of Human Resources/Chief Human Resources Officer
Company: Arizona Western College
Posted on: January 12, 2019
Job DescriptionSUMMARY OF FUNCTION: Originates and leads the College’s Human Resources policies, practices and objectives that enhance a culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, high standards, goal attainment, strategic and succession planning, and delivery and development of superior services to our constituents.TYPICAL DUTIES:
- Plans and administers all recruitment and employment of full and part-time Faculty, Professional Administrative, and Classified staff. Responsible for the organizational development of the Human Resources department.
- Designs, directs and communicates employee classification, compensation, and benefit programs. Serves as a Board Member and Trustee of the Yuma Area Benefits Consortium (YABC).
- Works with President and others to implement succession planning and long- range strategic growth across departments and throughout the Learning Centers.
- Analyzes existing procedures and practices and directs necessary corrections to enhance services and improve processes. Identifies need and creates procedures as necessary to enhance the facilitation of HR services to stakeholders.
- Accountable for Human Resource Information System (HRIS) and the maintenance of employee records. Oversees mandatory and specialized reports and necessary filings for Title IX, and various fair employment practice allegations as needed.
- Oversees Professional Administrative and Classified staff performance management and improvement programs. Modernizes and updates programs as necessary to ensure professional growth that adds value to employees and the College.
- Responsible for compliance with regulatory bodies. Understands laws and legislation essential to human resources functioning and provides guidance as necessary. Designs and communicates strategies for College-wide understanding and compliance with federal mandates. Directs all immigration areas of employee recruitment and/or retention.
- Resolves complex employee relations issues using knowledge and best practices in human resources management.
- Directs the design and delivery of all identified employee training needs.
- Directs the preparation of all contracts, salary calculations, release time and other employment components.
- Oversee the band and grade assignments of all college jobs.
- Prepares the departmental budget and oversees preparation of specialized HR reports.
- Works with employees to resolve complex employee concerns and maintains a culture that demonstrate a quality working environment for employees.
- Support and participate in strategic initiatives and perform other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS:Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of complex situations and people in a high-stress environment.
- Must demonstrate understanding of the objectives of human resource management: recruitment and retention of exceptional and qualified employees; appropriate benefits and compensation; the opportunity for employees to experience ongoing personal/professional development; creation and maintenance of a highly functioning, professional human resources department; and the development of an employee-student-oriented culture that emphasizes continuous improvement and high performance in service to the mission of the institution.
- Must demonstrate understanding of legal and financial components to managing human resources in a community college environment.
- Must have well developed ability to communicate and work with individuals within the organization and the community.Preferred: Graduate degree in Human Resources or related field and degree in Higher Education that includes legal components. Bilingual.CLOSING DATE:First review will be January 23, 2019. Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.ADDRESS INQUIRIES TO:Arizona Western CollegeHuman ResourcesPhone: (928) 344-7505 / FAX: (928) 317-6001 / TTY: (928) 344-7629Email: Human.Resources@azwestern.eduAPPLICATION PROCEDURE:The following materials must be uploaded at the time of application. Any materials submitted via e-mail, fax, or mail will not be accepted. Applications missing any of the below requirements will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.1. Completed application, completed via online at https://azwestern.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=9022. Resume or curriculum vitae3. Unofficial College/University transcripts4. Letters of recommendation (should be available upon request) ARIZONA WESTERN COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERCompany DescriptionLocated in Yuma, Arizona, Arizona Western College offers over 100 degrees and certificates in a wide range of academic and career technical programs, as well as non-credit courses in professional development, customized training, and personal enrichment areas. AWC has 12 locations across a 10,000 square mile, 2-county service area, and hosts all three state universities on our main campus for face-to-face classes.Our college serves more than 300 students who reside on our main campus, and field 8 competitive athletic teams. Our students participate in over 50 campus clubs, and we are home to a challenging Honors Program and curriculum, and a world-class International Program, representing 30 countries from around the globe.Our Mission is to Transform lives through education and partnerships to create thriving communities
Keywords: Arizona Western College, Yuma , Director of Human Resources/Chief Human Resources Officer, Executive , Yuma, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!