Registered Dental Assistant
Posted on: January 18, 2023
JOB TITLE: REGISTERED DENTAL ASSISTANT (RDA)
REPORT TO: LEAD REGISTERED DENTAL ASSISTANT
JOB SUMMARY: The Registered Dental Assistant (RDA) must be
available to assist the dentist in providing high quality dental
services at Innercare Dental Offices. The assistant performs all
dental duties under the supervision of a licensed dentist and lead
dental assistant according to the Dental Practice Act. The
Registered Dental Assistant works individually and as a team, is
punctual, maintains regular attendance, is cooperative and shares
an enthusiastic attitude. This position requires general dental
duties which include the following listed below.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES: The duties recorded below are intended to
accurately represent the duties of the class and are not intended
to cover every single duty of the job.
1. Assists in all dental procedures.
2. Takes and records vital signs.
3. Sets up all operatory trays, cleans and sterilizes all
4. Take digital x-rays.
5. Disinfect operatories, x-ray machines, dental units, counter
tops, and cabinets.
6. Maintains a clean, organized, well-stocked dental lab.
7. Give oral hygiene instructions.
8. Send, track and follow-up of all lab cases.
9. Use Electronic Dental Records and Electronic Health Records.
10. Seats and dismisses patients.
11. Coordinates patients and procedures, keeping patient flow
12. Keep operatories stocked with supplies.
13. Maintains a professional and neat demeanor in attitude,
grooming, and attire.
14. Daily maintenance, sterilization and lubrications of low and
15. Performs coronal polishing (if licensed) with dentist
16. Fabricates and places temporary restoration.
17. Places sealants (if licensed).
18. Charts existing conditions at an examination appointment.
19. Responsible for continuous quality improvement.
20. Checks all equipment for proper and safe function and maintain
21. Responsible for reporting variance incidents to the Dental
Director as soon as possible.
22. May require reporting to work at either Brawley Dental or
Calexico Dental or other Dental offices, when deemed necessary by
23. Any other duties as assigned by the Dental Director.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Any combination equivalent to: graduation
from high school or GED equivalent.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Current CPR/BLS certificate issued by either
the American Heart Association or American Red Cross, California
Radiation Certificate, Coronal Polish Certificate (where
applicable), Sealant Certificate (where applicable), and Registered
Dental Assistant Certificate. This position requires that a
physical examination be passed and that the employee have the
following inoculation: Measles immunization, Rubella immunity,
Hepatitis B immunization, TB skin test and/or Chest x-ray and HIV
testing. Requires reliable means of transportation to set to and
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: Knowledge of the methods, practices and
terminology used in general dentistry; knowledge of the use and
care of dental equipment, supplies and instruments; knowledge of
medical crisis protocol; knowledge of modern office practices and
technology, including computers; ability to provide quality dental
care and treatment, ability to develop, learn, interpret and/or
communicate rules, regulations, procedures and policies; ability to
follow and give oral and written directions; ability to establish
and maintain cooperative relationships with subordinates,
coworkers, supervisors, professionals and patients; ability to
react professionally and effectively in emergency medical
situations; ability to plan and implement various programs and
projects as assigned; ability to learn new information and skills
to enhance job performance.
WORK DIRECTION, LEAD AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Not
applicable- no assigned permanent employees to supervise.
PHYSICAL EFFORT: This position requires the ability to sit at least
40% of the day, 25% standing, and 35% walking. Fine hand
manipulation is required to operate precision dental equipment and
consists of simple grasping, power grasping, and pushing and
pulling. The position requires the ability to reach or work above
the shoulder and below the shoulder very much of the time. The
position requires light lifting (ten pounds or less) frequently,
over no longer than 100 feet.
CONTACTS: Supervisor, co-workers, other Innercare personnel,
patients, clients, medical personnel, and the general public.
WORK SITE: Dental department.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work may require extensive VDT and x-ray
exposure. There is exposure to noise. Work is performed in a busy
environment. Must comply with the Innercare's HIPAA Corporate
HIPAA/Compliance: Maintain privacy of all patient, employee and
volunteer information and access such information only on a need to
know basis for business purposes.
Comply with all regulations regarding corporate integrity and
security obligations. Report unethical, fraudulent or unlawful
behavior or activity.
NOTE: THIS JOB IS NON-EXEMPT UNDER FLSA PROVISIONS.
Innercare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the
Americans with Disabilities Act, Innercare will provide reasonable
accommodation to qualified individuals. Innercare encourages both
incumbents and individuals who have been offered employment to
discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Keywords: Innercare, Yuma , Registered Dental Assistant, Healthcare , Blythe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!