Firefighter EMT - Rural/Metro Fire
Company: Rural Metro
Posted on: January 19, 2023
IMMEDIATELY HIRING! FIREFIGHTER EMT FULL-TIME Opportunity
$46,927.00/average annual compensation (hourly paid position)
We are hiring Firefighter EMTs with a passion for firefighting and
patient care combined with the drive to succeed and deliver
Firefighter EMT's under general supervision perform fire
prevention, fire suppression, hazardous material incident response
and emergency rescue and medical assistance duties to protect life
and property; performs related responsibilities as required
- High School diploma or GED required.
- State issued, International Fire Service Accreditation Congress
(IFSAC) or Fire Service Professional Qualifications System
(ProBoard) certifications as a minimum: Firefighter I, Hazardous
- If assigned to an airport operation - State, IFSAC, ProBoard or
FAA (FEDERAL AVIATION ADMINISTRATION) Airport Firefighter
- State issued or National Registered EMT-B.
- Current CPR/AED certification.
- Valid driver license with acceptable driving record in
accordance with Rural/Metro policy. DUI (Driving Under the
Influence) within the last 5 years is disqualifying.
- Able to work any assigned shift, including nights, holidays,
- Available to work overtime as assigned and as needed on an
- Must meet local standards pertaining to qualifications,
training and/or eligibility for hiring placement or promotion.
- Conduct fire safety, home safety, fire extinguisher and
pre-fire planning inspections.
- Provide information to the public, install smoke detectors,
conduct station tours, visit schools, and participate in public
- Work involves serving the public.
- Work requires cooperative/supportive interaction with
co-workers, supervisors, doctors, and other healthcare workers.
- Work requires interaction with representatives of other City
departments, other fire departments and local, state, and federal
- Performs fire suppression duties by responding to emergency
- Assists in the suppression of structural, residential,
commercial, industrial, chemical, petroleum, vehicle, aircraft, and
Wildland fires, applying the appropriate extinguishing agents to
the source of the fire.
- Operates various pieces of fire equipment and gear for fire
suppression and control; drives and operates fire apparatus; search
and rescue; ventilation and salvage operations.
- Provides written reports detailing specific firefighting and
rescue actions taken on scene.
Emergency Medical Services
- Responds to emergency medical calls by evaluating
- Provides emergency and non-emergency medical procedures both on
scene and in a moving vehicle.
- Transfers patients to medical facilities.
- Treat patients in accordance with established Emergency Medical
Service Protocols and Rural/Metro Fire Department policy.
- Provide written reports detailing patient care.
- Portable radios are used as a means of communication.
- Must conduct all radio communications in a professional,
- Conduct daily and weekly vehicle and equipment inspections as
- Ensure all vehicle and equipment discrepancies are documented
and reported to the on-duty Fire Captain.
- Perform daily maintenance of facilities by cleaning,
inspecting, and any other facility maintenance deemed
- Participate in all required training sessions, including, but
not limited to; live fire drills, performance evaluation drills,
ongoing skills maintenance, practice and training, annual OSHA
(Occupational Safety and Health Act) drills, EMS (Emergency Medical
Service) major skills and any other mandatory Company training.
- Reviews paperwork for accuracy and correct process.
- Must participate in scheduled and unscheduled onsite compliance
- Implements corrective/preventive measures as determined by the
Corporate Compliance/Audit Committee.
- Cooperates with Internal Audit, Compliance and HR (Human
Resources) on any recommendations and changes to compliance and
legal workflow issues.
- Complies and enforces all policies and procedures.
- Must successfully complete all required Compliance Training
within the required period.
- Must have no compliance related corrective action during the
current review period.
Why Choose Rural Metro? As a national leader in private fire
protection services, Rural Metro Fire is one of Global Medical
Response 's (GMR) family of solutions. Our GMR teams deliver
compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of
emergency and patient relocation services. View the stories on how
our employees provide care to the world at www.AtaMomentsNotice.com
. Learn how our values are at the core of our services and vital to
how we approach care and check out our comprehensive benefit
options at GlobalMedicalResponse.com/Careers .
*Get paid to work with your friends! GMR is looking for people like
GMR Employees, if you know someone like you, have them add your
name to their application and receive a Referral Cash Bonus!
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal
Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and
providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with a
More Information about this Job:
Check out our careers site benefit s page to learn more about our
Keywords: Rural Metro, Yuma , Firefighter EMT - Rural/Metro Fire, Healthcare , Wellton, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!