Dental Hygienist - Yuma, AZ
Company: Matrix Providers
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Matrix Providers - Caring for America's military family. Not
just leading the way but leading the industry. Your success is our
business. Matrix Providers is hiring a Dental Hygienist to join our
team of talented professionals who provide healthcare services to
our Military Service Members and their families in Yuma, AZ.
- Employment Status: Full Time
- Compensation: This is an hourly position.
- Schedule: Monday through Friday between 6:00 am and 5:00 pm for
8.5 or 9 hours shift, including a 30-minute or 1-hour uncompensated
meal break, depending on shift length.
- Benefits: Competitive financial package with a comprehensive
insurance package including health, dental, vision, and life
coverage. Click here to learn about our benefits packages.
- Accrued Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Holidays (Outlined in Handbook)
- 401(k) Plan
Requirements: The Dental Hygienist must have and meet the
- Degree: Associate's or Bachelor's degrees, depending on the
- Education: Successful completion of a dental hygiene program
accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) of the
American Dental Association (ADA).
- Certification: Certified in radiography as required by 42 CFR
- Experience: As required to meet clinical competency
requirements specified in the Service-specific credentialing
instructions. Employees shall be required to demonstrate clinical
competency within the past two years.
- License: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license as a
Dental Hygienist. Job Summary:
- Examine the patient's oral cavity, including mouth, throat, and
pharynx, and record conditions of teeth and surrounding tissues.
Refer patients to a dentist with abnormalities, including cavities,
defective fillings, suspicious growths, or periodontal
- Apply desensitizing and other topical agents to treat
abnormalities, including caries prevention, gingivitis, and oral
- Instruct patients, individually and in groups, in proper oral
hygiene care using materials to include teeth models, displays,
slides, toothbrushes, dental floss, disclosing tablets, and
mirrors. Demonstrate proper brushing, flossing, and use of
necessary periodontal aids. Explain the common causes of tooth
decay and its relationship to the general diet.
- Take impressions and construct sports/safety mouth guards and
soft night guards for vital bleaching.
- Polish restorations and apply pit and fissure sealants.
- Chairside dental assisting when directed by the
Officer-In-Charge of the dental clinic.
- Record patients treated. Check and maintain instruments to
ensure working conditions. Clean, sharpen, and sterilize
- Patient Workload, Readiness, and Scheduling. Utilizes the
Corporate Dental Application to enter patient-specific workload and
readiness status and for patient scheduling.
- Contractor personnel shall perform a full range of duties
consistent with their labor category, education, training,
experience, clinical privileges (as applicable), and assigned
position. General duties for all personnel or across specific labor
categories are given below.
- Participate in peer review and performance improvement
- Practice aseptic techniques as necessary. Comply with infection
control guidelines to include the proper handling, storage, and
disposal of infectious wastes and the use of universal precautions
to prevent the spread of infection.
- Function with an awareness and application of safety
- Perform efficiently in emergency patient situations following
established protocols, remaining calm, informing appropriate
persons, and documenting events. Anticipate potential
problems/emergencies and make appropriate interventions. Notify the
supervisor, director, or other designated person regarding problems
the HCW cannot manage.
- Exercise awareness and sensitivity to patient/significant
others' rights, as identified within the MTF.
- Maintain an awareness of responsibility and accountability for
own professional practice.
- Participate in continuing education to meet own professional
- Attend and comply with all annual training classes required by
the Command, including but not limited to annual online training
provided by the MTF: disaster training, infection control, Sexual
Harassment, Bloodborne Pathogens, Fire and Safety, Chemical,
Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosives (CBRNE), and all
other required training. Matrix Providers is an equal-opportunity
employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please
click here. Matrix Providers endeavors to make accessible to all
users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility
of our website or need assistance completing the application
process, please get in touch with our Recruiting Hotline Number,
1-, TTY LINE, . This contact information is for accommodation
requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of
Keywords: Matrix Providers, Yuma , Dental Hygienist - Yuma, AZ, Healthcare , Yuma, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!