Primary Care Physician (Yuma CBOC)
Company: US Department of Veteran Affairs
Posted on: September 12, 2018
The employee will serve as a primary care Staff Physician in a very busy, dynamic, Community Based Outpatient Clinic in Yuma, Arizona. The selected physician will provide comprehensive care to a panel of adult patients, from young adult to elderly. The physician will provide care to optimize patient health, work seamlessly with other health care team members and support VA patient satisfaction initiatives. The selected physician will contribute to the achievement of quality care standards, write orders for diagnostic testing, prescribe medications, consult with specialty services and utilize computerized/electronic medical records. The physician will provide patient care in accordance with professional standards, core values and commitment to service excellence. Selectee must be Board Eligible/Board Certified in Internal Medicine or Family Practice; and, must be proficient in the use of computerized systems related to patient care.
Clinical Contact: Dr. Daniel Collins, Assistant Chief of Primary Care Community Clinics Care Line, (520) 792-1450 Ext 3308
Federal Benefits for Full-Time Physicians:
- 26 days paid vacation per year
- 13 days sick leave per year
- 10 paid holidays
- 15 days military leave per year for active reservists and National Guard
- Health and Life Insurance (may elect coverage into retirement)
- Pay for performance up to an amount equal to 7.5% of annual pay up to $15,000
- Authorized Absence for Continuing Medical Education
- Liability protection for Federal Employees
- Retirement - Federal Annuity Plan
- Thrift Savings Plan (TSP-tax deferred savings plan)
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core specialty training program leading to eligibility for board certification.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
Preferred Experience: Board Eligible/Board Certified in Internal Medicine or Family Practice
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to physically and mentally perform the duties in an outpatient setting under normal and emergent conditions. Heavy lifting 45 lbs and over with assistive devices, heavy carrying of 45 lbs and over with assistive devices; reaching above shoulder; use of fingers, both hands required, walking or standing up to 6 hours per day; repeated bending up to 2-4 hours per day; ability for rapid mental and muscular coordination; near vision correctable; hearing aid permitted.None
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which includes (upload C.V. as resume document type):
OPTIONAL: VA Form 10-2850 - Application for Physicians, Dentists, Podiatrists, Optometrists & Chiropractors can be found at: http://www.va.gov/vaforms/search_action.asp?FormNo=2850&tkey=&Action=Search.
The following documents are accepted, and may be required if applicable to your eligibility and/or qualifications for this position. Please use this checklist to ensure you have included all documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), SF-50's, etc.
- Cover Letter
Keywords: US Department of Veteran Affairs, Yuma , Primary Care Physician (Yuma CBOC), Healthcare , Yuma, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!