Company: Frontier Technology Inc.
Posted on: November 14, 2019
Frontier Technology, Inc. is seeking a full-time Technical Writer
to join our team of qualified, talented, and diverse individuals in
Yuma, AZ. This position is responsible for providing Technical
Writing efforts in support of testing and evaluations for the
Marine Operational Test & Evaluation Squadron, One (VMX-1).
* Work with Operational Test Directors (OTD) and larger support
team to provide necessary review and technical edits to test
documentation to meet guidelines provided by COMOPTEVFOR
* Work with other members of the squadron to meet guidelines
provided in the DoN Correspondence Manual (SECNAV M-5216.5) and the
Marine Supplement to Naval Correspondence Manual (MCO 5216.20B)
* Provide technical writing and editing support to all aspects of
VMX-1 test programs during structured test & evaluation and
* Review program documents for readability, continuity and
conformity to current guidance; provide input to policy documents;
maintain version control and act as knowledge manager for writing
* These documents include but are not limited to:
* Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP)
* Request for Proposals (RFPs)
* Integrated Logistics Support Plans (ILSPs)
* Operational Test (OT) and Integrated Test (IT) Plans
* Final reports in accordance with 6 Part Paragraph (6PP) process
* Verification Correction of Deficiencies (VCD) related
* Formal correspondence
* Inquiry responses
* Position papers
Career-development professional within field. Requires moderate
skill set and proficiency in discipline. Conducts work assignments
of increasing complexity, under moderate supervision with some
latitude for independent judgment.
* Bachelor's degree + 2 years of related experience, or
* 6+ years (3+ with AA, BS/BA) reviewing, editing and/or writing
* Preferred: Bachelor s Degree in English, Engineering, Science,
Mathematics, or related field
* Experience with DoD efforts, commands and procedures
* Highly proficient in desktop computer applications e.g. Microsoft
Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
* Must have an active Secret Clearance or above and ability to
* Prefer a working knowledge of Department of Defense mission,
activities and terms
* Working knowledge of the DoD 5000 series, OPNAVINST 5000.42
series, as well as SECNAVINST 5000 series instructions
* Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with members of a
diverse military and civilian team.
* Oral and written communications skills required
Highly proficient in desktop computer applications e.g. Microsoft
Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
FTI is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, gender identity, protected Veteran status or any other
factor protected by law.
Keywords: Frontier Technology Inc., Yuma , Technical Writer, IT / Software / Systems , Yuma, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!