Military Technology Research Engineer
Company: Frontier Technology Inc.
Posted on: February 3, 2020
FTI is looking for talented individuals to join our team in Yuma,
AZ. We have an exciting opportunity for an Engineer or Engineering
Project Manager that will be responsible for researching and
evaluating existing and emerging technologies of various sources
being used in military aircraft and work with leadership to ensure
that the technology is staying on cutting edge advancements
available in the industry.
* Responsible for performing independent research and providing
science and emerging technology expertise based on that research,
in support of experimentation and technical demonstrations for US
Marine Corps Operational Test and Evaluation Squadron One,
* Will provide subject matter expertise and guidance on cutting
edge technologies while functioning as an expert in leveraging the
potential of US Government research and technology development
agencies and academia.
* Evaluate and provide feedback on the most relevant organizations,
programs and operations based for the application of these emerging
* Will manage and coordinate new technology projects with all
working parties, including, team leaders, engineering, developers,
buyers, analysts, schedulers, etc.
* Critically evaluate emerging technologies to determine potential
applications and impacts to Marine Corps aviation operations and
identify other areas, programs, departments, and resources in which
technologies can be utilized and partnered with.
* Will work to work with other organizations to secure ongoing
funding for development and implementation.
* Provide technical support for digital interoperability and IT
initiatives involving networking of military radios, computers, and
* Represent the squadron at meetings with other Marine Corps and
Military stakeholders to build partnerships, assist with the
demonstration of technology, and provide inputs for the development
* Communicate clearly and effectively through professional
technical writing and verbal briefs to both technical and general
* Provide insight into topics which directly affect the potential
impact of demonstration systems/software to USMC and other Military
* Provide technical understanding of system technologies to assist
the Science and Technology Department with activities including
data capture development and comprehensive analysis.
* Prepare plans and reports for S&T experiments and
demonstrations to document results and provide technical
* Gather, collect, maintain and process data from different sources
in an organized fashion.
* Assist Operational Test Directors and test managers with
operationally relevant or technical expertise.
* Must Have an Active DoD Secret Clearance or above
* (Minimum) Bachelor s degree in computer Science, Mathematics,
Engineering or related fields 5 years of experience in highly
technical field may be considered in conjunction with
* (Preferred) Master s degree in Science, Mathematics, Engineering
or related field or 10 years of experience in highly technical
field may be considered in conjunction with education.
* 6+ years (4+ with Master s) of experience of relevant experience
with emerging technologies.
* Experience working with Marine Corps organizations and government
labs and research facilities in conjunction with emerging
* Project Management Experience preferred.
* Working knowledge of DARPA and other agencies of similarity
* Operational experience with Tactical Networks and IT
* Ability to prepare clear, concise, and technical documents for
* Able to think analytically, be detail-oriented, demonstrate
problem solving and work independently with good time-management
* Prefer a working knowledge of Department of Defense mission,
activities and terms with a focus on Marine Corps doctrine.
* Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with members of a
diverse military and civilian team.
* Highly proficient in desktop computer applications e.g. Microsoft
Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.).
FTI is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, gender identity, protected Veteran status or any other
factor protected by law.
Keywords: Frontier Technology Inc., Yuma , Military Technology Research Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Yuma, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!