Behavioral Health Therapist - Licensed (Yuma)
Posted on: May 3, 2021
We offer competitive wages, great benefits including but not
limited to Sick Time, PTO, Health, Dental and Retirement.
We are looking licensed non-bilingual and bilingual
Job Title: Behavioral Health Therapist (Yuma)
Location: Yuma, AZ
Summary: Blake Behavioral Health Services (BBHS) is looking to
expand our cadre of professional therapists in Yuma, AZ. We are
actively seeking dynamic professionals with a passion to work with
children and families of all ages. As a component of Easterseals
Blake Foundation, BBHS is known state-wide for its dedication to
training professionals in evidence-based infant mental health
treatment and trauma work with children and their families. Our
dedication to ongoing reflective supervision, individualized
professional development, and reliable clinical supervision for
independent licensure is what makes us unique. As a member of our
team, you will be working for one of the most reputable,
well-established, and largest non-profit companies in Southern
Arizona. We offer competitive pay with an excellent benefit package
and flexible work schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (with or without
- Use best practice protocols in all therapeutic interventions:
Utilizing evidence-based practice, determine appropriate
therapeutic modality for each client (e.g., Parent-Child
Relationship Therapy, Play-Based Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral
- Provides ongoing in-home, office-based, and/or community-based
individual and/or group treatment, education and support to members
and their family as indicated on the members service plan.
- Develops treatment team recommendations for follow-up support
- Provide effective crisis assessment and intervention including
arranging for emergency psychiatric evaluation/hospitalization as
- Attends and participates in team meetings, clinical staffings
(as needed), court hearings, and other meetings relevant to meeting
the treatment needs of members.
- Use knowledge and skill in assessment and diagnosis utilizing
ICD-10 criteria. Utilize DC 0-5 to provide diagnoses or diagnostic
impressions for children aged birth to five.
- Utilize DSM-V to provide diagnoses or diagnostic impressions
for children and adults.
- Maintain clinical records in a timely manner according to
- Meet all initial and annual training requirements.
- Actively participates in the members/familys Child and Family
Team (CFT) or Adult Recovery Team (ART).
- Maintains member records in accordance with requirements set
forth by the ESBF, ADHS, the RHBA and other funding sources.
- Completes progress notes using the appropriate covered service
billing codes and writes comprehensive and timely reports as
required by funding source and/or system partners.
- Provide testimony in court, as required
- Meet requirements of productivity standards set for
- Any other duties as assigned
Knowledge and Skills (with or without accommodation):
- Knowledge and understanding of the current DSM and relevant
diagnosis for the population served.
- Ability to accurately read, record and interpret information,
including assessments, measures, and diagnostic criteria.
- Demonstrates clinical competency in accordance with standards
for the position.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented with well-developed problem-solving
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Strong organization, time management and project management and
- Skill in using business software and electronic health
- Knowledge of cultural differences and implications for
- Knowledge of the behavioral health system in Arizona.
- Must be able to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE),
such as face mask, gown, goggles, and gloves, for any amount of
time necessary to provide a physical barrier to protect the
employee and others.
- Must be able to walk, run, climb, stoop, kneel, sit, stand,
reach, stretch, bend, squat.
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to remain calm, non-defensive with a supportive
attitude during stressful, potential crisis, and crisis
- Must be able to work in an extremely stressful environment
where there are considerable mental and emotional demands. The
types of situations that may be encountered, particularly when
children and adults are involved, cause emotional stress.
- Must be able to manage high volumes and unpredictability of
- Must be able to remain flexible and reprioritize according to
the changing demands of the day.
- Must be able to manage stress in a fast - paced, unpredictable,
and high intensity setting.
- Must be able to represent EBF in a professional manner in all
- Must be able to maintain professional relationships with
- Must be in compliance with all EBF and regulatory
Minimum Educational and Certification Requirements:
- Master's degree in social work, psychology, counseling or
related behavioral health field with two years related
- Associate Level License according to Arizona State requirements
as a Behavioral Health Professional; or Masters Level Therapist
with the ability to obtain an associate license.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and able to obtain a Level One
Fingerprint Clearance Card.
- Must possess valid Arizona Drivers License and have a clean
Motor Vehicle Report for the last 3 years.
- Valid Arizona drivers license and the willingness to use
personal vehicle in the course of employment. Must meet minimum
requirements of agency insurance carrier.
- Must be able to meet training and agency compliance
requirements for the position.
- Spanish speaking preferred.
Easter Seals Blake Foundation is an Equal Opportunity
It is understood and agreed that any misrepresentation by me in
this application will be sufficient cause for cancellation of this
application and/or separation from the Employer's service if I have
been employed. I give the Employer the right to investigate all
references and to secure additional information about me, if job
related. I hereby release from liability the Employer and its
representatives for seeking such information, and all other
persons, corporations, or organizations for furnishing such
information. I hereby consent to and authorize Easter Seals Blake
Foundation to request, receive and use information as often as
necessary as deemed by Easter Seals Blake Foundation by consumer
reporting agency bearing on my credit standing, character, general
reputation, personal characteristics, and mode of living,
including, but not limited to, my criminal background or lack of
criminal background. I authorize the use by Easter Seals Blake
Foundation of the original or photocopy of this authorization. The
Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Employer does not
discriminate in employment and no question on this application is
used for the purpose of limiting or excusing any applicant's
consideration for employment on a basis prohibited by local, state,
or federal law. I understand that just as I am free to resign at
any time, the Employer reserves the right to terminate my
employment at any time, with or without cause and without prior
notice. I understand that no representative of the Employer has the
authority to make any assurances to the contrary.
Keywords: Easterseals, Yuma , Behavioral Health Therapist - Licensed (Yuma), Other , Yuma, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!