RESPIRATORY CARE PRACTITIONER
Company: Staff Today Inc
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Staff Today Inc. Is currently seeking a Respiratory Care
Practitioner to work at a facility in Blythe,
California. These are registry positions with our
company Staff Today Inc.
- 1 day per week between M-F 8AM-4PM
- 6+ months assignment
- Restores patient' s pulmonary function, alleviates pain, and
supports life by planning and administering medically prescribed
- Meets patient' s goals and needs and provides quality care by
conducting pulmonary function tests, assessing and interpreting
evaluations and test results, and determining respiratory therapy
treatment plans in consultation with physicians and by
- Helps patient accomplish treatment plan and supports life by
administering inhalants, operating mechanical ventilators,
therapeutic gas administration apparatus, environmental control
systems, and aerosol generators.
- Administers respiratory therapy treatments by performing
bronchopulmonary drainage, assisting with breathing exercises, and
monitoring physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs,
arterial blood gases, and blood chemistry changes.
- Directs treatments given by aides, technicians, and
- Evaluates effects of respiratory therapy treatment plan by
observing, noting, and evaluating patient' s progress and
recommending adjustments and modifications.
- Completes discharge planning by consulting with physicians,
nurses, social workers, and other health care workers; contributing
to patient care conferences.
- Assures continuation of therapeutic plan following discharge by
designing home exercise programs and instructing patients,
families, and caregivers in home exercise programs.
- Recommends and/or provides assistive equipment and outpatient
or home health follow-up programs.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and
- Maintains patient confidence and protects hospital operations
by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with
procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to
infection-control policies and protocols.
- Develops respiratory therapy staff by providing information and
developing and conducting in-service training programs.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and certification
requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating
future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and
advising management on needed actions.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a Respiratory Care
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Compassionate and caring demeanor
- Familiarity with medical terminology
- A valid and current CPR card (American Heart Association)
- Must have up to date credentials in the state of CA
If interested, please apply through this job post. You may send a
copy of your most recent resume. If you have any questions, please
feel free to call Staff Today Inc. At (800) 928-5561 and ask
to speak with Stephanie Monday-Friday (08: 30 AM - 05:
00 PM PST).
Keywords: Staff Today Inc, Yuma , RESPIRATORY CARE PRACTITIONER, Other , Blythe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!