Company: Michael Foods Inc
Posted on: June 5, 2021
Reporting to the Regional Human Resources Director, the HR
Manager provides leadership to the HR function serving as the
liaison between management and employees at their - facilities. The
role provides consultation and partnership to plant leadership to
promote positive employee relations, drive cultural values, and
assist the business in meeting goals and objectives through use of
data to build accountability and continuously improve. The position
will participate in centralized HR projects that have impacts to
the entire company and will lead project execution within their
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive the effectiveness of human resource programs by
developing strategies to improve employee satisfaction, positive
employee relations, and working conditions. Evaluates current human
resources policies and programs by visiting worksite and
communicating with employees regarding related issues.
- Directs the work of the HR team to support both HR and business
initiatives through setting priorities and objectives, leading,
teaching, and coaching. Administer company policies and procedures,
as well as union contracts where applicable.
- Provides counseling and dispute resolution regarding employee
issues through consultation and investigation with both employees
and leaders, reviewing company policy and practice and providing
recommendation for resolution.
- Develop location recruitment strategy in alignment with company
recruitment strategy and in collaboration with location HR team to
attract and retain qualified candidates.
- Interpret company policies where applicable to ensure
consistent application and equitable employee relations.
- Collaborate with Centers of Excellence to evaluate, design, and
implement employee development programs to ensure employee have the
appropriate skills and competencies to meet current and future
- Audits employee records for completion and accuracy. Authorizes
changes to employee records when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- B.S or B.A. degree in Business, Human Resources or related
field. M.A. or M.S. preferred.
- 3+ years of experience as a Human Resources Manager.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations
regarding employment practices.
- Knowledge of HR Systems and Payroll, including time keeping
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to multi-task, deal with employees with diverse
backgrounds, and builds positive employee relations at all
- Prior experience working in facilities that have been recently
merged or acquired is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in use Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
of the work and may not include all the duties associated with this
Keywords: Michael Foods Inc, Yuma , HR Manager, Other , Yuma, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!