Company: Strategicarestaffing, LLC
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school degree or GED equivalent
- Completion of CA Psychiatric Technician education program
- Current Psychiatric Technician License (BVNPT)
- Current BLS from an American Heart Association provider
- Must be proficient in the English Language
- Strong knowledge of basic medicine and medical equipment
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to keep patient information confidential
- Basic computer and record keeping skills
- Physical and mental stamina; ability to work long hours on
- Consistently demonstrate dependability and punctuality
Duties and Responsibilities
- Give basic level of general behavioral and psychiatric nursing
care to mentally or developmentally disabled patient/youth.
- Conduct daily clinical rounds and monitoring of patient/youth
with signs and symptoms of mental illness.
- Under general supervision of Registered Nurse (RN) or Medical
Doctor (MD), perform psychiatric nursing procedures, such as
administer medications and treatments, including hypodermic
injections, take and chart temperature, pulse, blood pressure and
respiration, and all other basic general nursing procedures within
the scope of licensure.
- Work is other disciplines as part of Treatment Team in the
development of treatment plans and objectives from assessments in
providing an overall treatment program for patient/youth.
- Assist in the development of group and individual therapy
regimens. Act as a provider of group therapy to patient/youth.
- Provide liaison activities with custody personnel in management
of mentally or developmentally disabled patient/youth.
- Observe patients'/youth's physical condition and behavior, and
report significant changes.
- Prepare and coordinate clinical appointment dates and times,
and assist in having patient/youth present at their clinical
- Assist in first responder duties, such as giving
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and first aid as needed.
- Help maintain safe, secure, and therapeutic environment for
- Follow state and federal mandated standards and
Keywords: Strategicarestaffing, LLC, Yuma , Psychiatric Technician, Other , Blythe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!