PAR II - Sports Official (Irregular part-time)
Company: City of Yuma, AZ
Posted on: June 7, 2021
- This position is Open Continuous until filled*
- This position pays $15.00 - $26.00 per game*
Under basic supervision, performs a wide variety of activities
in the safe delivery of general recreation, sports programs, and
special events for Yuma Parks, Arts & Recreation (PAR); performs
duties of a senior recreation leader (PAR-II) and provides
coaching, instruction, supervision, and counseling to recreation
program participants; leads the setup and operation of equipment
and venues for sporting events and recreation activities; monitors
the operations and maintenance at event sites.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: -- Essential functions, as defined under
the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the
following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This is not
a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by
incumbents of this class; employees may be assigned duties which
are not listed below; reasonable accommodations will be made as
required. The job description does not constitute an employment
agreement and is subject to change at any time by the employer.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not
limited to, the following:
- Prepares and coordinates recreational program activities for a
wide variety of age groups and special populations; duties will
vary according to job assignment and individual skills.
- Coordinates sports and recreation programs, activities,
excursions and special events; collects and distributes supplies
and materials for special events.
- Organizes sports activities; schedules, inspects and prepares
sports venues; assists with coaching, officiating, and scorekeeping
- Supervises program participants, and enforces rules,
regulations and safety precautions at indoor and outdoor recreation
facilities; maintains discipline, monitors behavior, and resolves
issues; monitors program activities, and assists participants in
recreation activities and special programs; reports and resolves
complaints, requests, safety conditions, security issues. and
- Supervises various recreation programs and activities; verifies
that supplies, equipment and facilities are in order, and
recommends supply needs to the supervisor.
- Acts as recreation leader, coach and referee for organized
sports activities; explains and enforces rules and proper behavior;
maintains discipline, safety standards and good sportsmanship.
- Picks up trash and debris, and assists in the maintenance of
grounds and equipment; maintains sports fields, and prepares for
play and special events; grooms field and marks boundaries and
technical frames; cleans, inspects and maintains bleachers,
restrooms, lighting and periphery.
- Sets up and maintains recreation facilities for special events
and scheduled programs; maintains general appearance of park
facilities by cleaning areas in and around the facility, sweeping
floors, checking and restocking restrooms, cleaning and arranging
equipment, and other general maintenance duties.
- Instructs various arts, crafts and games, explaining the rules
and techniques; evaluates individual performance and the
effectiveness of instructional programs.
- May assist with programs for children with disabilities, and
special needs students.
- May maintain routine attendance and participant records as
- Responds to requests for information within the scope of
authority and training.
- Supports the relationship between the City of Yuma and the
general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior
when interacting with citizens, visitors, and City staff; promotes
the City goals and priorities, vision, values and the "Yuma
Way",and complies with all City policies and procedures.
- Maintains absolute confidentiality of work-related issues and
City information; performs other duties as required or
Education, Training and Experience Guidelines
High School Diploma or GED equivalent; AND two years of
experience teaching, playing or participating in organized
recreational programs; OR an equivalent combination of education,
training and experience.
- City policies, rules and regulations governing the conduct and
safety of persons using municipal recreational facilities,
programs, sporting competitions, and equipment.
- Rules for athletic games and sporting competitions.
- Arts and Crafts techniques.
- Overseeing and controlling recreation activities and
- Supervising and refereeing sporting events.
- Creating a safe and functional sporting event environment,
following established safety procedures and protocols, and
protecting participants from personal injury.
- Promoting a positive recreation environment, good personal
behavior, and safety standards.
- Providing effective customer service, and dealing tactfully and
courteously with the public.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
with co-workers and the public.
- Communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
A valid Arizona State Driver's License is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Work is performed indoors and outdoors at City recreation
facilities and venues; must maintain physical standards prescribed
by the City; may be required to bend, reach, stoop, and lift
Keywords: City of Yuma, AZ, Yuma , PAR II - Sports Official (Irregular part-time), Other , Yuma, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!