Company: City of San Luis
Location: San Luis
Posted on: June 8, 2021
The purpose of this recruitment process is to maintain an
Eligibility list will be maintained for up to six months.
Summary: Entry level classification for purpose of acquiring
training to achieve Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training
Board (AZ POST) certification. Duration not to exceed 10 months.
Examples of Duties
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Essential functions, as defined under the
Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the following tasks,
knowledge and other characteristics. This list is ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY
and is not comprehensive listing of all functions and tasks
performed by incumbents of this class). DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES: Attends a minimum of a sixteen-week training
program under supervision of instructors in a police academy
approved by AZ POST to acquire minimum and skills necessary to
perform in Police Officer classification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Reads and studies instructional or informational material in
order to achieve elementary working knowledge.
- Prepares for and takes written physical test to prove knowledge
and skill levels.
- Receives field training from certified Field Training Officer
(FTO), utilizing and applying knowledge from classroom work;
receives evaluations from FTO to track progress.
- Obtains certification upon meeting AZ POST established, minimum
standards and passing required examinations (or waiver
examinations) within six month period.
- Skill in analytical, objective observance of situations and
quick decision making.
- Skill in managing situations firmly, courteously, tactfully and
- Skill in recording information accurately and completely.
- Ability to pass written and physical agility examination.
- Ability to pass oral board interview.
- Ability to pass extensive background investigation.
- Ability to pass polygraph examination and drug test.
Must successfully pass a comprehensive background investigation
including credit check, polygraph and psychological examination and
meet the minimum POST standards for medical examination and
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Must meet Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training (AZ
POST) AND City of San Luis standards for appointment as a police
- Must be at least 21 years of age by the time of graduation from
- Must have a valid Arizona driver's license Class D.
- Ability to serve our community with courtesy and respect.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
- San Luis, Arizona residency preferred, but not required.
Keywords: City of San Luis, Yuma , Police Officer, Other , San Luis, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!