C27J Aircraft Mechanic
Akima Technical Solutions (ATS) provides a full spectrum of air
operations support services at numerous Army and Air Force
installations, including fuel management, aircraft maintenance,
airfield support, ground equipment maintenance, transportation,
material management, warehousing and distribution, and procurement
services.Our personnel enjoy competitive benefits packages and
challenging roles in work environments committed to safety,
diversity and opportunity for career growth. As an Alaska Native
Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company's profits go back to our
more than 14,000 Iupiat shareholders that have resided near and
above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business
helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of
a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
* Duties include line servicing, inspection, repair, and
modification of aircraft and/or aircraft systems and
* Apply technical knowledge to repair aircraft discrepancies
efficiently while properly documenting all work performed.
* Analyze equipment failures to determine cause and recommend
* Perform such typical maintenance operations as the removal and
replacement of aircraft and powerplant components that require
bolting, torqueing, adjusting, rigging, and safety wiring to
include powerplant and flight control removal/installation.
* Troubleshoot, repair, clean, service, inspect, modify,
replace, and/or overhaul aircraft and aircraft systems using
approved technical data to ensure airworthiness.
* Execute all required paperwork in conjunction with assigned
* Work with little or no supervision and accomplish assignments
with little or no rework.
* Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
* Use and operate Ground Support Equipment in a safe manner.
* Interface effectively with members of management, other
departments, and co-workers.
* Follow all safety procedures and specifications.
* A valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic Certificate
(A&P Certificate) preferred.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* At least 5 years of aviation maintenance experience
(turbo-prop experience preferred).
* A valid U.S. Driver's License
* Must be a US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a
U.S. Secret Security Clearance.
* Physical capability to work in tight spaces, at heights, on
wings, use ladders, operate tugs, operate lifts, and lift up to 75
* Must be able to read, write, and speak English, as well as,
interpret instructions from technical manuals and internal Company
* Proficiency in the Windows operating system/environment.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description
generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by
individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a
complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required.
Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining
agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify,
add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be
necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and
effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates
selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will
receive consideration for employment, without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity,
age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status,
disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis
prohibited by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing
reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental
disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and
are interested in applying for employment and need special
accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please
contact, Recruiting Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or
571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved
only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility
assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to
inquire on the status of your job application.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government
regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or
call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or
mental disability and need assistance with the online
Job: Installation, Maintenance & Repair
Primary Location: US-AZ-Yuma
Shift: Day Job
Req ID: ATS01039