Military Family Life Counselors Adult Counseling
Company: Strategic Resources, Inc.
Posted on: October 11, 2019
including Inter-Service Family Assistance Committees), unit family
support staff officers, and other programs and services to build
coalitions and connect Federal, state, and local resources and
non-profit organizations to support Active Duty, Guard and Reserve
* Provides approved training and education programs and advises on
requests for new or revised presentations by military
* Tracks services performed and referrals made using appropriate
* Responds to critical incidents, surge and on demand events, and
special requests as directed by the POC and approved by the OSD
* Manages duty to warn and restricted reporting situations
according to DOD protocol.
* Communicates with supervisors to share information regarding
trends and issues at their assigned installation.
* Participates in regular in-service/training, Quality Improvement
committees, or other contract activities as assigned.
Minimum Required Skills, Education, Experience & Abilities:
* Must be a U.S. Citizen and must speak fluent English.
* Must hold a Master s degree from an accredited graduate program
in a mental health related field such as social work, psychology,
marriage/family therapy, or counseling.
* Must hold and maintain a valid Unrestricted counseling license or
certification from a state, the District of Columbia, a U.S.
territory or commonwealth that grants authority to provide
counseling services as an independent practitioner in their
respective fields. Candidate must be licensed in the state that the
position is located. Typical licenses include LPC, LCSW, LMFT,
LCPC, LMHC. Clinicians under supervision may not apply.
* Candidate must demonstrate counseling competence preceding their
employment with the MFLC program.
* An understanding of the military lifestyle and working with
military family members.
* Working knowledge of military, state, federal, and local laws and
* Ability to work with Family programs and/or advocacy services,
military or civilian social service agencies.
* Ability to work with military and civilian medical, social
service, law enforcement, and legal personnel on behalf of service
members and their families.
* Ability to develop trusting helping relationships and work
effectively with individuals and families from diverse racial,
ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
* Ability to intervene in crises using sound professional judgment,
ethical practice, and common sense.
* Ability to work independently to develop, implement, and evaluate
safety and intervention plans to meet individual and family
* Proficient in Microsoft Office software applications including
Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Background/Security Clearance Requirements:
* Must be able to successfully pass and maintain a
government-sponsored background checks; positions are subject to a
successful government security investigation prior to position
Strategic Resources is an Equal opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment
process because of a medical condition or disability, please send
an e-mail to ACCOMMODATION@sri-hq.com or call 703-749-3040 to let
us know the nature of your request.
Keywords: Strategic Resources, Inc., Yuma , Military Family Life Counselors Adult Counseling, Other , Yuma, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!