Instrumentation Technician Logistics
Company: Intelligent Waves, LLC.
Posted on: February 21, 2021
Intelligent Waves, a rapidly growing Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned
Small Business Fed/DoD Contractor, has an immediate need for
Instrumentation Technician logistics to support our contract at
MCAS Yuma, AZ responsible for test instrumentation management and
data validation for testing activities.
- Responsible for monitoring, locating, and scheduling the
movement and control of test equipment as well as performing
periodic inventories and utilizing computer programs in order to
assure equipment records are complete and up to date.
- Responsible for the distribution of existing test equipment to
customer locations based on demand.
- Responsible to help our customers with the procurement of new
and pre-owned test equipment, parts and supplies as needed.
- Responsible for receiving orders and equipment in SAP.
- Provide instrumentation modifications, improvements, and
operations for 53rd Wing test aircraft test instrumentation
packages at Edwards AFB, CA.
- Evaluate, upgrade, modify and operate instrumentation systems
before, during, and after test missions. This work shall include
design, integration, functional checkouts, and mission data capture
- Manage instrumentation equipment, conduct pre- and post-mission
activities, perform functional checkouts, and post mission data
management for the 53rd Wing instrumentation systems to include but
not limited to the Data Acquisition Recording & Telemetry (DART);
Quick Response Instrumentation Package (QRIP); Re-Radiation
Telemetry Acquisition System (RTAS); C2R Highly Ruggedized TSPI
System (GLite); Telemetry; Beacon; Common Range Integrated
Instrumentation System (CRIIS); Advanced Data Acquisition Package
(ADAP); Advanced Replacement Instrumentation Pod (ARIP); Air-to-Air
Range Instrumentation (AARI) pallet; and Aircraft instrumentation
group-A provisions (orange wire and telemetry antennas associated
with aforementioned systems/subsystems) in accordance with this
statement of objectives.
- Design, integrate and test instrumentation systems for the
purpose of test aircraft use and system operational testing. Each
system may be required to incur multiple modifications based on T2
aircraft configurations and test instrumentation mission
- Existing configuration and technical systems documentation is
provided on site for all design and modification activities.
- Coordinate instrumentation requirements, schedules, work plans
and other functions between the Operations division and Aircraft
Maintenance Unit (AMU) to verify mission readiness for test events
as defined by the 59 TES.
- In support of design, modification and operations activities
the Contractor shall move, store or load instrumentation systems;
conduct system functional checks, cockpit integrity checks, data
uploads/downloads, and mission configurations. Solid State
Recorders (SSRs) and associated media test data shall be stored in
the designated 59 TES vault. Workloads may include instrumentation
systems fault isolation and rework to bring test instrumentation
systems back into operational readiness for mission
- Update existing instrumentation systems design packages,
utilize local forms and reporting procedures to document system
upgrades and operational configuration changes that shall include
instrumentation system serial numbers, Group B components in
accordance with AFI 21-101 and engineering data provided by 59 TES.
The Contractor shall identify instrumentation systems designated
- Plan, develop, modify, troubleshoot, and maintain one-of-a kind
airborne instrumentation systems and upgrade their capabilities
based on application of emerging technology in aircrafts such as
F-15E, F-22, and F-35.
- Plan, design, develop, or construct electronics sensing and
measurement devices and applications using newer technology found
in aerospace research, development, test and evaluation.
- Control electronic data collection systems using
nonconventional modification hardware and understand their
capabilities and plan, develop, construct, and integrate new
devices into the system to perform multiple tasks not previously
associated with aerospace and/or other test and evaluation system
- Test parameters in a variety of environmental, field, or
- Perform other Duties as assigned. Qualifications
- Must be a US Citizen with a High School diploma or
- Must have active DOD Secret clearance with ability to obtain
and maintain a DOD TS/SCI.
- A thorough knowledge of electronic principles and practices,
operating parameters, capabilities, and limitations of electronic
systems and components associated with airborne and ground
- Knowledge of basic electronic concepts and ability to convert
theoretical ideas to functional components and systems.
- Skilled in the interpretation of technical data such as
drawings, schematics, blueprints, and specifications of complete
- Ability to design, fabricate, install and maintain specialized
instrumentation systems which measure and record.
- Ability to use electronic test equipment and ability to provide
technical leadership to other technicians and support
- Ability to perform calibration and troubleshooting for
installed instrumentation systems, including video recording,
digital data recording, weapon function monitoring, and other data
- Comprehensive, intensive, practical knowledge and skilled in
applying, technical electronic engineering principles, practices,
techniques, procedures, and policies sufficient to design,
fabricate, install, check, maintain, and test one-of-a-kind
electronic aerospace and specialized instrumentation systems, which
measure and record test parameters using emerging technology and
- Knowledge of and skill in the use of various pieces of
electronic test equipment, such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers,
PLA/PLC programmers, telemetry systems, spectrum analyzers,
oscillators, amplifiers, and power supplies.
- Knowledge of electronic concepts, principles, and techniques
applicable to test and evaluation of airborne systems, including
radar, missiles, simulations, and instrumentation systems.
- Knowledge must be sufficient to coordinate and work with
operating personnel in related fields and test support personnel as
required and to plan, accomplish, and analyze test results.
- Knowledge of airborne range facilities and the availability and
capability of computer facilities.
- Knowledge required to coordinate data reduction and analyze
data to ensure instrumentation compatibility with data reduction
capabilities and to monitor validity of data and operational
dependability of instrumentation.
- Knowledge of engineering workstation hardware and software
sufficient to maintain systems in operating condition with up to
date software. Additional Information:
- This position is not eligible for employee referral bonus.
Since 2006, Intelligent Waves has remained committed to providing
quality engineering, operations, and intelligence solutions to our
clients and it all starts with YOU. Intelligent Waves provides a
great and generous benefits package to include medical, dental and
vision, paid PTO leave and, life & disability packages. We also
invest in our employees' futures by providing a contribution with
vesting starting from DAY 1, technical training, tuition bonuses,
and much, much more.
Clearance Statement: Applicants selected for this position will be
subject to a government security investigation and must meet
eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Only
US citizens are eligible for a security clearance. For this
position, Intelligent Waves will consider only applicants with
security clearances or applicants who are eligible for security
Intelligent Waves LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We are
committed to providing equal opportunity to all applicants and
employees in full compliance with all applicable state and federal
laws prohibiting discrimination on the basis of race, color, age,
gender, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation
and gender identity protected veteran status and individuals with
disabilities, or any other class protected by applicable state or
A Veteran Friendly Organization
Keywords: Intelligent Waves, LLC., Yuma , Instrumentation Technician Logistics, Professions , Yuma, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!