Company: Trailboss Enterprises, Inc.
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Yuma - Yuma, AZ 85364 US (Primary)
# of Hires Needed
Current Wage Rate $27.50/hour $6.02 Health and Welfare
Perform various duties related to detention, safeguarding, security
and escort of violators of immigration laws, exercise surveillance
over detainees, and maintain order and discipline, attend to
sheltering, feeding, and physical well being of detainees, and
counseling of alien detainees on personal matters. Guard detainees
at deportation or exclusion hearings, recognize potentially
hazardous health, safety, security, or discipline problems,
supervise voluntary work details, and encourage participation in
organized recreational activities.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide overall security, remain with and guard detainee(s)
until given further instructions by the Shift Supervisor.
- Ensure weapon and ammunition are safeguarded at all times.
- Required to wear approved duty uniform with shoes or boots and
uniform web gear (i.e., duty belt, holster, handcuffs, cuff case,
and magazine pouch).
- Required to carry pistol in side arm holster when performing
Detention/Transportation Officer duties.
- Ensure all credentials are carried at all times.
- Must wear company provided body armor.
- Must arrive to work in full uniform and wear uniform while at
- While performing duties as a Detention/Transportation Officer,
employees must be trained and qualified to use and carry a pistol,
baton, and Oleoresin Capsicum (OC/Pepper Spray).
Airport Transports (if so tasked):
- Escort detainee(s) to/from inbound/outbound flights and
arrival/departure gates at the designated location specified by the
Shift Supervisor or higher authority.
- Constantly guard detainee(s) with a minimum of public contact
during the time prior to boarding aircraft.
- Ascertain there are no unobservable exits possibly allowing
detainees to escape.
- Remain at the gate until the carrier gate attendant verbally
verifies the aircraft departure.
- Verify departure of detainee(s) in writing to the Shift
Supervisor and Department of Homeland Security/ Immigration and
- Remain at the gate until the arriving alien has been taken into
custody, unless the flight has been canceled or the Shift
Supervisor has given verification other arrangements have been
- Must wear reflective vests to all airports.
- Operate company provided vehicle to transport detainee(s).
Duties vary between serving as a Bus/Van driver and Detention
Transportation Officer based upon lengths and types of runs
- Ensure detainee(s) are properly prepared for and transported in
accordance with Performance-Based National Detention Standards.
- Patting down all detainees prior to boarding vehicles.
- Applying appropriate restraints prior to boarding
- Monitoring detainee(s) to ensure appropriate behavior during
- Securing detainee transfer paperwork in the vehicle and
ensuring appropriate distribution upon delivery of detainee(s) to
- Return all vehicles to yard with full gas tanks at all
- Remove trash from vehicles daily.
- Complete Mileage Log at completion of each trip; must be
legible and accurate.
- Complete and submit After Action Reports with exact/precise
- Ensure inventory of detainee baggage/valuables has been
properly completed by visual examination of appropriate
- Thoroughly inspect transport vehicles (pre and post trip) to
- Check the condition of the vehicle's safety equipment including
horn, lights, wipers, flares, etc.
- Check the gas gauge to ensure sufficient fuel for projected
- Check condition of tires.
- Advise the Shift Supervisor at least 45 days in advance of
expiration of Commercial Driver's License and medical
Education and/or Experience:
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must possess a High School diploma or General Equivalency
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Must have at least one year of experience as a law enforcement
officer or, military policeman, or six (6) months experience as
security officer engaged in functions related to detaining civil or
- Clear criminal history; no felonies or Class A
- Must have and maintain a current/valid Class B Commercial
Driver's License with passenger and air brake endorsements. Class A
Commercial Driver's License with passenger endorsement is
acceptable. Must maintain a safe driving record. Company assistance
is available for obtaining CDL.
- Must have and maintain a valid Arizona State Level 3 Armed
Guard permit. Company assistance is available for training.
- Must pass a background investigation and obtain a security
Language Skills. Able to:
- Write clearly and concisely using acceptable grammar,
punctuation and spelling; write organized, complete, accurate and
- Communicate in English using complex sentences using normal
word order with present and past tenses.
- Express and exchange ideas via spoken word during activities
where they must convey details or important spoken instructions to
others accurately, sometimes quickly and loudly.
- Understand and apply written and verbal orders, rules and
Physical Demands. Able to:
- Perceive the nature of sounds with no less than 40 dB loss at
Hz, 1000 Hz and 2000 Hz with or without correction.
- Receive detailed information through oral communication.
- Maintain a minimum standard of visual acuity with or without
correction enabling the employee to complete clerical tasks, and
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, push, pull, lift, grasp, and be
able to perceive the attributes of an object such as size, shape,
- Move wrists, hands and/or fingers frequently and
- Occasionally exert up to 100 pounds of force. This may include,
but is not limited to all use of force and restraint
- Adapt to temperature changes (including extreme heat).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran.
Keywords: Trailboss Enterprises, Inc., Yuma , Transportation Guard, Professions , Yuma, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!