AltaGas - Production Technician I, Blythe
Posted on: January 20, 2023
Reporting directly to the Manager Operations Blythe Energy Inc.,
the Production Technician I is responsible for maintaining high
plant efficiency while ensuring the safe efficient operation of the
Blythe Energy facility by operating with high regard for Health and
The facility is a 520 MW natural gas-fired Combined Cycle Power
Generating Station located in Blythe, California. This is a union
position in the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers,
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for issuing work permits for tasks to be performed;
considers all aspects of the task and ensures safety before issuing
permits, and ensures all equipment is safe before maintenance or
repair work commences.
- Ability to read and interpret operating manuals, and P&IDs,
and improve operating procedures by scheduling reviews or
immediately if conditions warrant it.
- Works with the Production Technician Leader in Maximo duties,
including preventative maintenance, reliability checks, weekly
regulatory checks, and weekly work orders assigned to operations
and are completed in a timely fashion.
- Interacts with Engineering and Maintenance teams to assist in
keeping the facility mechanically sound through inspections and
- Responds quickly to operating deviations to maintain safe
operating conditions, and productivity and to minimize downtime in
- Knowledgeable of all safety and environmental hazards and
ensures that all personnel adhere to established safety
- Follows environmental and site-specific procedures before
issuing work permits and is knowledgeable of all Blythe Energy
processes and procedures.
- Collaborates with team members to achieve all Blythe Energy
requirements and assists in Blythe Energy EH&S
- Has a thorough understanding of Blythe Energy Emergency
Response Plans and be able to support the Production Technician
Leader / On Scene Commander in absence of the Senior
- Oversee training programs and assist in making recommendations
that will improve and maintain Plant efficiency and safety,
thorough knowledge and understanding of the plant process and all
of its sub-systems.
- Provides on-the-job training to junior operators so they will
be able to advance to positions of greater responsibility as
outlined in the Blythe Energy Training & Progression plan.
- Knowledgeable of the Power Purchasing Agreement and possessing
thorough knowledge of the Title V air permit is essential.
- Miscellaneous duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum one-year experience as a qualified control room
- Minimum two-year experience in a craft working skill
(Instrument & Controls, Electrical, or Mechanical).
- Knowledgeable in the operations of a natural gas combined cycle
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must be willing to work required overtime.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- The Production Technician I must be capable of all duties
described in Production Technician II.
- Must have an excellent understanding of managing plant
economics with regard to power consumption and stream processing
- Must be able to identify work priorities, meet deadlines, and
function with little or no supervision.
Why work at AltaGas?
AltaGas is a North American energy infrastructure company with a
focus on owning and operating assets that provide clean and
affordable energy to our customers. AltaGas assets include
Washington Gas/WGL, SEMCO, ENSTAR, and Petrogas. Our talented team,
nearly 3,000 strong, leverages the strength of our assets and
expertise along the energy value chain to connect customers with
premier energy solutions - from the well sites of upstream
producers to the doorsteps of homes and businesses to new markets
around the world.
We deliver clean and affordable natural gas to approximately 1.6
million customers' homes and businesses through regulated natural
gas distribution utilities across five jurisdictions in the United
States and two regulated natural gas storage utilities in the
United States. Learn more about our team, vision, and strategy.
To learn more about our mission:
For Canadian hires: AltaGas hires personnel on the basis of
job-related qualifications. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to a person's ancestry, place of
origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, age, record of
offences, marital status, family status or disability or any other
characteristic protected by applicable law.
For U.S. hires: U.S. affiliates of AltaGas are committed to equal
employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to
applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and
encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified
applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender,
age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, family responsibilities, matriculation, physical or
mental disabilities, political affiliation, genetic information,
status as a protected veteran or any other characteristic protected
by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: AltaGas, Yuma , AltaGas - Production Technician I, Blythe, Professions , Blythe, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!