General Maintenance Worker
Posted on: November 1, 2018
OverviewPeraton is seeking a General Maintenance Worker in Yuma, AZ to apply a working technical knowledge to the overall aerostat system operations and maintenance that may be accomplished by following instructions and procedures addressing routine activities.Responsibilities
- Qualified to operate the aerostat launch/recovery control systems including their backup systems.
- Under supervision, performs corrective and preventive maintenance activities on the aerostat pressure control subsystems, power subsystems, mechanical and hydraulic subsystems, aerostat hardware and rigging, tether subsystem, and aerostat envelope.
- May require supervision to perform operation and maintenance of enclosed mooring system and winch vehicles, site power generators, stand motor vehicles, special man-lift vehicles, and fork lifts.
- Assists with all aerostat system pre-flight and post-flight checks and aerostat system inspections as required.
- Assists with operations and maintenance of compressed-gas equipment, including helium transfers to the aerostat for inflation and replenishment purposes.
- Performs corrosion control and site facilities maintenance.
- Functions as a key member of the flight crew for inflation, deflation, launch, recovery, and in-flight activities.
- Performs other related duties and assignments as required.
- High school or GED Diploma required.
- Certifications must be attained/maintained as assigned.
- Successfully completed Background Investigation with a Favorable Suitability Determination preferred.
- 2 years' mechanical maintenance experience.
- Valid U.S. Driver's license required.
- Must be able to understand, speak, read and write English fluently.
- Must be able to visually distinguish colors.
- Proof of U.S. residency required.
MATERIAL & EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED:
- Personal computer, printer, and other general office equipment.
- Exterior and interior work environments, sometimes in inclement weather.
- Candidates must be willing and able to work various work shifts as assigned.
- Work requires the ability to perform the following physical activities: walking, standing, stooping, bending, twisting, crawling, reaching, lifting, sitting, and squatting. Work may require walking, standing, sitting and working in confined spaces or at high elevations for extended periods of time.
- This position requires the candidate to obtain and maintain a position of public trust. In order to obtain this position, you must currently be a U.S. Citizen and U.S. Resident and be able to show proof of citizenship and residency.
About PeratonPeraton provides innovative, reliable solutions to the nation's most sensitive and mission-critical programs and systems. Peraton has significant experience providing highly differentiated secure communications, space, and technology solutions to key customers, and has become a trusted partner on missions that are critical to the security priorities of the United States. Capabilities include complex software and technology services and solutions, as well as end-to-end mission operations abilities, including Software Systems Development, Cyber, Modeling & Simulation, Mission Operations, Signal Intelligence (SIGINT), and Quick Reaction Capabilities (QRC) / Research & Development. The company is headquartered in Herndon, VA, with approximately 3,500 employees across the U.S. and Canada.EEO StatementWe are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Peraton, Yuma , General Maintenance Worker, Professions , Yuma, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!