HVAC Service Technician
Company: Hillphoenix, Inc.
Posted on: February 8, 2019
Hillphoenix is a leading manufacturer of Display Cases, Specialty Products, Refrigeration Systems, Power Systems and Comprehensive Services. The story of Hillphoenix is built on creativity and customer-centric innovation delivered by people invigorated by a strong sense of responsibility to help our customers win in their marketplaces. The relationships we build with our customers are as important to our success as the products we manufacture. This collaborative environment delivers FRESH THINKING, reassuring our customers that they choose the best when they choose to work with the people of Hillphoenix. Hillphoenix is part of the Refrigeration and Food Equipment segment of the Dover Corporation (NYSE: DOV). Dover is a diversified global manufacturer with annual revenues in excess of $7 billion.
JOB TITLE: HVAC Service Technician
LOCATION: Yuma, AZ
REPORTS TO: Field Supervisor
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the diagnosis and repair and maintenance of commercial HVAC units that are installed in supermarkets, convenience stores and foodservice establishments. Must be willing to learn how to repair refrigeration systems at these locations as well.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
* Performs diagnosis and repairs on commercial HVAC units, control systems, and learn to repair Refrigeration systems including, evaporative condensers, ice machines, water pumps, compressors, display cases, and walk ins. Return all equipment to manufacturers specifications with a goal of zero call backs.
* Performs preventative maintenance on the same equipment as listed above to assure optimal operating efficiencies and less downtime for the customer.
* Completes all paperwork in a timely manner.
* Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to perform the job in a safe manner
* Experienced in troubleshooting and repair of commercial HVAC and control systems
* Strong mechanical aptitude and ability
* Strong customer service skills and the ability to build relationships with customers
* Demonstrated ability to achieve quality results
* Strong work ethic, self-motivated and a professional attitude
* Good driving record and valid State Driver License
* Basic computer skills
* Ability to be on call on a rotating schedule : nights/weekends/holidays
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* High School Diploma or GED
* Certification from vocational school a PLUS!
* EPA Certification
* A minimum of 5 years of experience in the diagnosis, repair, and maintenance of commercial HVAC equipment and / or refrigeration systems.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or listen. The employee is required to stand and walk throughout the work day; use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stop, crouch and kneel. The employee must be able to work on ladders, roofs and on occasion in high precarious places. The employee must be able to work with moving mechanical parts, pressurized steam equipment, open flames, heated surfaces, liquids, and in damp, humid, or freezing conditions. The employee must be able to work in outdoor conditions where temperatures can exceed 100 degrees Fahrenheit during the summer. The employee may have to lift and/or move objects up to 50lbs on a regular basis and occasionally up to 80lbs. Driving long distances is required and vision requirements include close, color and peripheral ability for this particular role.
The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely in accordance with standard operating procedures without endangering the health or safety of self or others.
This position works in a typical active field project environment. The noise level is usually moderate, but can be excessively loud with hearing protection required (along with other PPE). This person must adhere to OSHA safety guidelines and protocols which means this person will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment such as, but not limited to hearing, eye, foot, hand protection.
Employee must be capable of performing their responsibilities with minimal supervision.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Hillphoenix offers an excellent workplace to grow personally and professionally, and includes many comprehensive benefits such as:
* Competitive Pay
* Paid Vacation and Holidays
* Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Coverage available on your first day of employment
* Matching 401K plan
* Paid Training
* Industry related Tuition Reimbursement
* Company vehicle, laptop and cell phone
Hillphoenix is an Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
Hillphoenix is a drug-free and tobacco-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law..
Keywords: Hillphoenix, Inc., Yuma , HVAC Service Technician, Professions , Yuma, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!